[Gvsig_english] Install gvSIG on Windows CE 6.0

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Mon Aug 1 14:50:38 CEST 2011

Hello, Cristian,

Thanks for the tests.
There is an unofficial version available here which might work for you:

https://correo.prodevelop.es/descarga/gvsig/mobile/

Unzip it in your PC and follow the instructions in the TXT file.

The EXE file available in that ZIP file did not always work. In one of the Leica Zeno devices it worked, but in another device which should be exactly the same, it didn't work. I suspect Leica is permanently tuning the Windows system and some dependencies are not necessarily available, so some C++ Windows applications (such as the EXE launcher) might not work.

If the EXE file does nothing in your device, we can try to start it with a LNK file. I think the parameters you have used are for the J9 JVM, not for phoneme. Are you sure you copied the gvSIGMobile folder next to the "Windows" and "My Documents" folders? Id does not say which JAR file is not found?

Another option might be using J9 for Win CE instead of phoneme. We have a copy of J9 for Win CE for testing purposes.

But first, let's try with those binaries and possibly with the LNK file.

Regards,
Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)