[Gvsig_english] copying shape file layers

Klaus Schaefer klaus.schaefer4 at giz.de
Tue Aug 2 07:14:54 CEST 2011

Yesterday, after a long days work on a shape file layer, I copied it to use
it as a template for another new layer. I opened the new, copied layer and
deleted the table entries to have a "fresh" table. After saving I recognized
that it was the same physical shape file as the original layer. All my work
from the day was lost! Is it a bug or is it the intention of the "copy
layer" function to not really provide a copy but a reference to the original
layer only...?

Best regards
Klaus