[Gvsig_english] copying shape file layers

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Wed Aug 3 16:58:53 CEST 2011

Sorry, I was getting a bit carried away, as I felt
that the discussion was drifting towards general
aspects gvSIG's GUI design. In my view, Klaus'
original problem was caused by some uncertainty
about what a layer really is in gvSIG, and how it
relates to the actual physical data on the disk,
not so much by the menu label.

As regards the latter:
To me, ("Copy") seems short, clear and unambiguous,
and changing it would not be an improvement.

In fact, a label like "Copy TOC reference" or "Copy layer"
would leave me confused. Since this is a context
menu function, clearly working within the context of
a layer, I would not expect it to explicitly (re-)state that
context in the label.

Cheers,

Ben