[Gvsig_english] Add-ons-manager

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Fri Aug 5 11:27:20 CEST 2011

Il 05/08/2011 11.05, Wolfgang Qual ha scritto:
> Dear list,
>
> the add-on manager is a very good idea to make it easier for gvSIG users
> to install special extensions. However, in my case, this additional
> tool will not work, as I my user rights are limited. gvSIG is installed
> on /opt/gvSIG... and the installation can only be performed by the
> it-administration.
> In general, installation of programms should be done by them, that's ok.
> But for extensions, it would be good, if this manager would also work for my
> "configuration". Maybe the add-ons-manger would work, if only one or a
> few directories would have write permission. I could try to ask my
> it-staff to
> configure that. In short: is it possible to use the add-ons manager with
> limited user rights? Which directories have to be write-access? I hope
> that I could describe the problem...

Hi Wolfgang,
I believe that it's possible to use the add-ons manager with limited
user rights. The only directory that has to be writable is
"[gvSIG_1.11_folder]\bin\gvSIG\extensiones" (substitute the backslashes
"\" with slashes "/" depending your needs), i.e. only where the
extensions are installed. ;)

Cheers,
Antonio

--