[Gvsig_english] Problems with printing and exporting a map containing data from a geodatabase

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Thu Feb 17 10:26:59 CET 2011

Hello, Georg. Thanks for your message.

The message that is repeated many times means that gvSIG is showing the Oracle arcs as sequences of vertices because in the geometry model of gvSIG there are not arcs of the Oracle type. Those arcs remain unchanged in the database unless you edit them.

You said that your table has only one polygon, then I have to  presume that your polygon has lots of curved sides? I did not suspect there could be so many arcs in one polygon, maybe I should remove that message from the log files.

Wolfgang Qual once sent me a sample of his geometries, but I think the one you are dealing with is more sophisticated than the ones I have seen so far, though I think there has been no problem with it (apart from the printing issue).

For testing purposes, I'd like to have that geometry in my DB. Some time ago I wrote a little application which describes the Oracle geometries completely in a text file. Will you please do this test:

- download this file and unzip it anywhere in your computer:

https://correo.prodevelop.es/descarga/gvsig/sdoprint.zip

- open a terminal, navigate to the folder that contains the file "sdoprint.jar" and type:

java -jar sdoprint.jar

- then you should see a dialog where you can enter the connection parameters, then click "Extract" and you can choose the output text file.

If your table has only one geometry, you can do that and the resulting file will not be very large. Then zip the resulting text file and send it to the list, please.

Do not spend too much time with this. If this test does not work, don't worry.

Regards,
Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)