[Gvsig_english] Create Slope from Contour Line

Simon Cropper scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Mon Jul 11 07:52:17 CEST 2011

Adi,

If you can see the contours and pan then the program should be working.

My gut feeling is that your dataset may be too big.

Use the geotools to cut a section out of the contour dataset that is
substantially smaller (e.g. 1000mx1000m). If this works then it is
merely a matter of waiting until the task is completed. If this small
dataset does not work then there is a more fundamental issue (although
when this happens errors pop up everywhere).

Also remember that although the laptop has 4GB, it is what the Java VM
is set to that counts. You may not have much memory set aside for java
to do its work. If you check the text file C:\Program
Files\gvSIG_1.10\bin\gvSIG.ini, you will see the text "-Xmx500M"
somewhere near the top of the file. If the value is less than 500 then
you should be able to increase it then restart gvSIG and start again.