[Gvsig_english] moving a project with raster layers

Klaus Schaefer klaus.schaefer4 at giz.de
Thu Jul 14 07:20:05 CEST 2011

I recognized a little "bug", still present in version 1.11: When I move a
project to another installation with a different directory structure, gvSIG
is prompting for each layer to enter the new paths. This works fine for
shape file layers and gvSIG remembers (stores) the new directory information
after saving. For raster layers, however, the new path is not stored. When
opening the shifted project one gets prompted every time again to enter the
new path. The only workaround I found so far is that you have to "save as"
the raster layer with a new name and load it into the project. Delete the
"old" raster layers and save the project. The new raster layers path is now
remembered.