[Gvsig_english] Query on why gvSIG CE came about

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at gvsig.com
Tue Jun 28 14:02:32 CEST 2011

El 28/06/11 13:17, G. Allegri escribió:
> Wow Jorge,you've raised the discussion to HOT! ;)
> I hope it wont's cause another endless flame...

I don't want to start a flame, I want to be careful and calmed, with a
positive point of view. As I told you off list before, we really
appreciate our collaborators, you are the blood of this project. But we
have also to take in mind companies and other actors asking for a
professional product they can trust.

I'm afraid sometimes is really hard to expose the huge amount of time
and "(wo)man/power" is needed to keep gvSIG going. I'm afraid most
people don't realize that and probably underestimate whatever is not
coding java classes on eclipse. I (as many others) have mainly a
technical vision, but you cannot forget the economical and ethical
points of view of a (mature) free software project. All is mixed, all is
there and taking only in account one vision provides you a poor way to
understand the project.

Anyway if you or anyone have some sensible advice about how to increase
the visibility of gvSIG team everyday work we would be more than pleased
to hear them.

Cheers

--
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas