[Gvsig_english] Query on why gvSIG CE came about

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net
Tue Jun 28 15:26:41 CEST 2011

Dear all,

I have the feeling that this discussion is not really objective. Both sides
blame each other and
even the discussion is "forked". I think, it would be better to use only one
list for this discussion.
(see
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=42328.99650.qm%40web27906.mail.ukl.yahoo.com&forum_name=gvsigce-community):

Benjamin wrote at the ce-users list:
"Unfortunately, many of the improvements in gvSIG OADE 2010 never
were merged back in. Most essentially, most of the hard work on
the GUI and menu structure was rejected. One of the aims of
gvSIG CE is to preserve these, and merge with the changes for
gvSIG 1.11/1.12.

The procedure for getting external contributions into CIT's
gvSIG code base is painfully time-consuming. I have found
it impossible to comply with their procedure given my limited
resources. It is what drove me away from their project in the end.
I want to program and create, not follow someone else's procedures.
Other people here have their own reasons."

Best,
Wolfgang