[Gvsig_english] Shifting position of buttons

georgsedlmeir georg.sedlmeir at muenchen.de
Fri Mar 4 08:32:55 CET 2011

Kevin Wells-3 wrote:

> I suggest that buttons and toolbars become gray and inactive when invalid,
> not disappear.
> They would stay visible, but inactive, in the same location that the user
> placed them.
> Then when they become valid the user will know exactly where to find them.
>
> This would make gvSIG faster to use, smoother, and more professional.

Kevin,
I fully agree, making the buttons inactive rather than invisible would
probably be the best solution.
And I have to admit that I haven't tried to undock the toolbars yet because
it's not my preferred way of working but for many it probably is, and also
in that case it might be convenient to have the tools reappear in the same
position both on the screen and within the toolbars.

The active/inactive solution you suggest together with some more
customization options regarding the positioning of buttons would certainly
improve usability.

Best,
Georg