[Gvsig_english] new install, novice

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Wed Mar 9 10:16:40 CET 2011

Hello, Tom:

The installation manual only says "IBM WEME (J9)" which might not be specific enough , sorry.

Some time ago there was a trial version in the IBM website, but now you need to contact them as you said. The IBM J9 license cost $20 per final user the last time I heard about it (about 1 year ago) . For testing purposes I think it's legitimate to use one of the old zip files containing the J9 folder which can be found in the internet. Did you get the J9 JVM from the IBM people?

Of course you can also use the free open-source phoneME JVM to run gvSIG Mobile.

Regards
Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)