[Gvsig_english] Problems importing a polygon grid file

Sal Garfi sal.garfi at btinternet.com
Tue May 3 17:37:28 CEST 2011

Hello Simon,

Thanks for this. I have created a new grid in Sextante, but the numbering of
the grid squares in the file from DIVA seems to be different from the
numbering in Sextante, so the distributins aren't right. For the time being,
I'm recreating the distributions from scratch with Sextante's 'Count points
in polygons' function. This works well for density of points in grid
squares, but I don't know how to recreate 'Richness', as in DIVA,
representing number of different types of objects recorded at each point. In
DIVA this would be richness, ie variety of plant species, as an example.

Anyway, I'm soldiering on.

Ta,
Sal