[Gvsig_english] Call for Mac Community contributors.

Agustin Diez Castillo adiez at uv.es
Wed May 18 10:30:09 CEST 2011

Hi Rafa and others,
On May 17, 2011, at 7:42 PM, Jordi Torres wrote:

> Hi Agustin,
>
> It was for the Ipod battery, wasn't it?
Right.

> By the way I was beginning to miss you in this thread...  ;) I suppose you are involved too in the working group. Maybe we should start to talk what we expect from this version or what to do and how to do it.
I'm in. Now we have a nice version (1303 build) but it has some not so minor problems when working with Sextante that I can't say if they are Mac ones or somebody else. To put some examples, if you sample more that one raster with a layer points only the first one will return results; copy and paste a layer from view to view badly misplaced the original one. Raster save as tiff when the original is a grass produced layer results in a empty tiff.

> For example what bugfixes relatives to MacOS distribution you wish to see, etc.. I remember some of them (The ecwp protocol was not available and maybe other dialogs are not well displayed in OSX).
This are top priorities, to see all the windows menu will be wonderful. Beginners can't use filters when doing a selection because they don't see the whole window, this feature works however in gvSIG 1.1.2. The last version of Navtable includes a quick filter option that doesn't work in Mac and so on. Normalization doesn't support more than nine characters even when the parser are colons or semicolons.

> I hope more developers and users could join us if we have this conversations in the lists.
>
> Thoughts?
A kind of bugtracker will be nice.
A wiki with the workaround tricks is needed.