[Gvsig_english] spatial query rules in Selection by layer tool

ernesto sferlazza e.sferlazza at gmail.com
Fri May 20 14:07:31 CEST 2011

> From: Luc?a Mart?nez <martinez_lucpal at gva.es>
> Hello Ernesto,
> I was also testing every option of the tool.
> I am afraid but we do not have enough documentation to determine the
> exact behavior of some of the options.
> As you say, they may need some adjustments.

Hello, I have created a set of layers almost complete, suitable to
perform tests on topological rules used in spatial query, implemented
in ArcGIS Desktop and in gvSIG.
The layers can be downloaded from url [1].

[1] http://sit.provincia.agrigento.it/scaricabili/temp/

The names of the layers are self explanatory (I hope): inputLines,
inputPolygons and inputPoints are the layers from which we want to
select features performing the spatial query; maskPoints, maskLines
and maskPolygons are the layers where we select features to be used as
comparison (example: select features from layer inputPolygons that
INTERSECT WITH selected features from layer maskLines).

The input theme's attribute table contains, among the other,  fields
R1, R2, ... , R32. From R1 to R13 they refer to the following ArcGIS
Desktop rules:

R1 = intersect
R2 = are within a distance of
R3 = contain