[Gvsig_english] Why my WMS services won't show in gvSIG mini...

Alberto Romeu aromeu at prodevelop.es
Wed Oct 5 16:10:09 CEST 2011

Hi Brian,

it seems there's a problem parsing the layers file in Android 3.x we
still have to look into it.

To add a wms-c layer, you have to do it manually. If the layer you need
to add is similar (same bbox, SRS, resolutions...) than the one you have
already added, just copy the layer configuration in the layers.txt,
changing the WMS URL. If not, you'll have to fill in all the required
parameters. You can find more information about the parameters here [1]

Regarding to cache tiles, bulk download is deactivated for layers
different from OSM, but it can be enabled if you are the owner of your
server. The problem is that the application need to be recompiled, if
you are a developer I can tell you where in the sources enable it for
your layer. Apart from this, tiles are cached automatically for every
layer as you navigate through the map...

Regards,

[1]
https://confluence.prodevelop.es/display/GVMN/How+to+add+a+new+layer+to+gvSIG+Mini

--