[Gvsig_english] Linux native libraries in 64 bits

Benjamin Ducke benducke at fastmail.fm
Thu Sep 22 16:40:13 CEST 2011

All GDAL drivers throw an "Invalid format" error when linking
the JNI lib against GDAL 1.8.x and trying to load a raster layer.
 It's a pity, because GDAL 1.7.x works and I suspect that there
is only a tiny little API change which causes this incompatibility.

Anyhow, I have some notes on compiling GDAL etc. for gvSIG
on Linux/Win and Mac OS X, 32 and 64 bit here:

http://gvsigce.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Compiling_the_C/C%2B%2B_support_libraries

Maybe you will find something useful.

It would be great to have GDAL 1.8 support and to move
ECW and MrSID into the GDAL drivers, instead of having
to maintain them in separate JNI libs.

Cheers,

Ben

--