[Gvsig_english] Issues on intersection between two polyline layers

ernesto sferlazza e.sferlazza at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 10:45:28 CEST 2012

Hi all, I want to submit two issues (bugs?) to developers.

First issue: multiple intersections
I want to find all intersections between two different layers of polylines.
To do this, I use the "intersection" algorythm of gvSIG.
The resulting point layer leaves out all multipart intersections (i.e. when
a line of the first layer intersects a polyline of the second layer in more
than one point).
If I perform the same geoprocess with OpenJump, the resulting layer
contains multiple intersections too (one multipart feature for each
multiple intersection), so that I can explode multipoints in many single
features (points) in a subsequent step.
The workaround using gvSIG is to split previously all polylines in single
segments, so to avoid multiple intesections.
Al gvsig versions (1.11, 1.12, 1.2) show the same behaviour.
I think that it is not a good behaviour.

Second issue: intersection between a polyline layer with a clone of itself.
No problem using gvSIG 1.11, while using gvSIG 1.12 (build 1411) it appears
an error message. The corresponding lines in gvSIG.log are the following:
*******
DEBUG Thread-30 com.iver.andami.messages.NotificationManager -
java.lang.ClassCastException: es.unex.sextante.gvsig.gui.ToolboxDialog
cannot be cast to com.iver.cit.gvsig.project.documents.view.gui.View
 at
com.iver.cit.gvsig.geoprocess.core.fmap.AbstractGeoprocess.getResult(AbstractGeoprocess.java:201)
 at
com.iver.cit.gvsig.geoprocess.core.gui.AddResultLayerTask.run(AddResultLayerTask.java:191)
 at
com.iver.utiles.swing.threads.MonitorableDecoratorMainFirst.run(MonitorableDecoratorMainFirst.java:158)
 at com.iver.andami.PluginServices$1.construct(PluginServices.java:405)
 at com.iver.utiles.swing.threads.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:108)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
*******
Neverthless, point and line layers are created in the destination folder,
though they are not loaded in the view.

Best regards,
Ernesto

--
ing. Ernesto Sferlazza
responsabile nodo provinciale di Agrigento del SITR Sicilia