[Gvsig_english] DBF Encoding in gvSIG 2.0

"Jose Manuel Vivó Arnal ( Chema ) "Jose Manuel Vivó Arnal ( Chema )
Thu Feb 21 08:52:08 CET 2013

Hi Serguei,

You can found this option pressing "Properties" button in "Add layer"
panel. You must do it for each dbf/shp layer/table.

Currently, there is no way to set the encoding to use as default for dbf
files.

Feel free to add a new improvement in gvSIG bug-trucker:

https://devel.gvsig.org/redmine/projects/gvsig-desktop

Regards,
Chema

El 21/02/13 06:22, Serguei Mikhailov escribió:
> Hi,
>
> in gvSIG 1.x there is an option in the Preferences (DBF Encoding) that
> allows users to set the encoding of the DBF files, Win-1251 for example.
>
> But in gvSIG 2.0, this option has disappeared from the Preferences menu.
> So I can't read a Cyrillic text in DBF files when I add they in the
> gvSIG 2.0 project.
>
> Could anybody tell me, please, is this an issue or there is another way
> to set the encoding of the DBF files in the gvSIG 2.0?
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Serguei Mikhailov
> NPO GISIT, Lipetsk, Russia

Jose Manuel Vivó Arnal