[Gvsig_english] problems retrieving extensive data sets from oracle spatial database

georgsedlmeir georg.sedlmeir at muenchen.de
Thu Mar 21 11:22:32 CET 2013

Dear list members and developers,
we are currently using gvSIG 1.11.0 final on our department's Linux client
computers, and we are facing problems retrieving data sets from our
municipal Oracle Spatial database. Whenever I try to load an extensive set
from the database, an error message pops up (see attached file
errorMessage.txt).
I tried to avoid the problem by setting the spatial boundaries of the
request to a limited extent, but by doing so another error occurs
(errorMessage2.txt).
Strangely enough, when my colleague tries to load the same dataset from the
database, yet another error occurs instead of the one mentioned first
(errorMessage3.txt).
I've also attached the corresponding log files (error1and2.log and
error3.log).
Since we are depending on a reliable connection to our database not only for
small but also for extensive data sets, any help would be much appreciated.
I've also tried using gvSIG 1.12 but it didn't make any difference. Thank
you very much.

Best,
Georg

gvSIG_error_1_and_2.log