[Gvsig_english] The non-spanish speaking gvSIG-community - do we have be to worried?

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net
Fri May 17 14:40:34 CEST 2013

Hi there again,

"We have to involve community not only because of limited resources, but
because we are an open source project."
... and the project (as an open source project) should profit from the
community. Why is it working in the case of QGIS? Barriers should be
removed, it should be as easy as possible to collaborate. And language is
one of these barriers. But I do not want to go on your nerves.

I agree that talking alone will not resolve all issues, but it would be the
first step. Let's talk in the same language. The gvsig-planet is great! Many
thanks to those who are willing to publish their experiences here. If you do
it in English, even better! Maybe it is not necessary to set up a new wiki.
Use a blog and link your blog to the planet.

And then: maybe there are some geeks who are willing to set up a nice
frontpage for the gvSIG portal. Or use that outreach-page (it looks far
better than gvsig.org): http://outreach.gvsig.org/case-studies

Best,
Wolfgang