[Gvsig_english] Problem installing gvSIG

Joaquin Jose del Cerro Murciano jjdelcerro at gvsig.org
Thu Sep 24 13:24:58 CEST 2015

> Dear all,
> I am trying to install gvSIG
> (gvSIG-desktop-2.2.0-2313-final-lin-x86_64-standard-withjre.run) on a Linux
> Kubuntu 14.04 with KDE 4.13.3 and have the following problems:
> - even if I set the file as executable it doesn't start with a double
> click on Dolphin file manager

Hello,
gvSIG installer is 32 bits, but installs a 64-bit gvSIG.
If you do not have java runtime and Xlib of 32-bit, installer is not
working.
You can install the 32-bit runtime java / Xlib. Probably enough
with something like:

# sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jre:i386

But my recommendation is that instead of installing gvSIG, use the portable
version.

http://downloads.gvsig.org/download/gvsig-desktop/dists/2.2.0/builds/2313/gvsig-desktop-2.2.0-2313-final-lin-x86_64.zip

This requires nothing to run 32-bit to run.