[Gvsig_english] WMS service not working

Antonio Falciano antonio.falciano at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 10:31:08 CET 2016

Il 03/02/2016 17:57, Silvia Franceschi ha scritto:
> Dear all,
> I am trying to visualize some WMS and WFS in gvSIG 2.2 on a windows 64 bit:

Ciao Silvia,

> http://sdi.provincia.bz.it/geoserver/inspire/wms?service=wms&version=1.1.1&request=GetCapabilities

I've tried to add the first WMS layer (administrative boundary) offered
by this service - tiled or not, cached or not - in a view defined in
EPSG:4326 and it works fine both in gvSIG 2.2 and 2.3 64-bits build
2419. Because there are several layers offered by this WMS server, can
you tell us which specific layer is not visualized specifying your
settings and attaching the gvSIG.log?

> http://sdi.provincia.bz.it/geoserver/inspire/wfs?service=wfs&version=1.1.0&request=GetCapabilities

Trying the same exercise always with the administrative boundaries in a
view defined in EPSG:25832 this time, enabling the caching, I can load
the layer only if I choose the WFS version 1.0.0 in the Options tab.
Effectively there are some problems when loading the version 1.1.0.
Playing a bit with settings they should work now.

> I can insert the addresses and connect to the server, then I select the
> layers and all the other features (png image, plain text and projection)
> and finally I click on OK, but nothing happens in the View and I can not

IMHO the progressbar is not very user-friendly sometimes, especially
when the layer names are too long. In this case, it can appear hidden
completely. So it seems that nothing is happening.
Maybe a simple progressbar with fixed width and without text before
could be more useful in order to understand if gvSIG is really working,
connecting or something else.

Antonio

--
Antonio Falciano