[Gvsig_english] Help for beginner and I hope future developer

anais.arrault at laposte.net anais.arrault at laposte.net
Wed Mar 16 22:01:24 CET 2016

Hello,

my name is Anaïs, I'm French.
I just know GvSIG, it's very good!
At university, we use QGis. I have a problem and looking on internet I saw that solution is to use GvSIG.

I explain my problem.
I have a points layer and a line layer. There's only one line.
I want create segments on my line with my points layer.
I used "snap point to layer" to put my points layer exactly on the line.

My first question : How it works? Perpendicular line then intersection between lines?

Then, I tried to use "split line with point layer" but I have an error and I don't know why?
The message say : "File not found. segment.shp Do you want to locate the file?"
Does somebody help me?

Thanks!

Anaïs
PS : Sorry, I have to work my english. Work with you can help if you accept!