[Gvsig_desarrolladores] gvSIG extension path

César Martínez Izquierdo cesar.martinez en iver.es
Mie Nov 8 16:48:53 CET 2006

erwan bocher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to display the path where my extension is saved like
> D:/gvsig/linux/workspace/gvSIG
> -1_0-rc1-src/extGeoSQLBuilder/.
>
> I use this method  :
>
> System.out.println(GeoSQLBuilder.class.getClassLoader ().getResource("./"));
>
> It work fine in eclipse debug environment but not when my extension (in
> jar) is  in the gvsig extension folder. I have a null value. I don't
> understand why.
>
> Any ideas are welcome.
>
> Cheers
>
> R1.

Do you really want to know the extension's project dir
("D:/gvsig/linux/workspace/gvSIG-1_0-rc1-src/extGeoSQLBuilder/")
or the dir where the extension is installed
("D:/gvsig/linux/workspace/gvSIG-1_0-rc1-src/_fwAndami/gvSIG/extensiones/packageName/")?

If you want to get the second option, you can use:

ClassLoader loader = this.getClass().getClassLoader();
if (loader instanceof PluginClassLoader) {
    // this should be always true if we are in an extension

	PluginClassLoader ploader = (PluginClassLoader) loader;
    	System.out.println(loader.getPluginName());
}

This justs gets the extension's packageName.

If you wish the full extension's dir, you can use:

System.out.println(PluginServices.getPluginServices(this).getPluginDirectory().getAbsolutePath());

Best regards,

  César