[Gvsig_desarrolladores] Info on shp/dbf driver

Stefano Orlando orste en libero.it
Vie Abr 3 17:25:28 CEST 2009

Playing a bit with data conversion in gvSIG 1.9 alpha, I've noticed that the .shp driver (the .dbf part really) doesn't support the SQL 'TIMESTAMP' type and that the driver determines the type of a column reading the value from the first row of the table (so, if the value is a null value, there are some troubles because there isn't a 'null' data type in .dbf specs). Could you confirm these behaviours or I've missed something? And if this is true, there will be any changes in future versions of gvSIG?
Thank you for your assistance!

Stefano