[Gvsig_desarrolladores] Filter Extension problem with doubles

Nacho Uve nachouve en gmail.com
Mie Dic 29 17:55:48 CET 2010

Hummmm... Jorge, there are a lot of things to do on the refactoring... there
are also many variables and comments in spanish that should be translated.

Now I do not feel qualified to implement third option... maybe next year!
;-)

I do a small patch[1] uploaded on the ticket[2] just to for a quick solution
to our current problem and to incorporate the new functionality that I'm
creating for NavTable.

I also fix a trivial bug... Vector layer name was not shown on the title of
the FiltroDialog.

Please check it, and tell me if it is possible to apply the patch.
Thank you very much!

[1]:
https://forge.osor.eu/tracker/download.php/89/790/14912/6928/filter_setDataSource_method_v2.patch
[2]:
https://forge.osor.eu/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=14912&group_id=89&atid=790

El 29 de diciembre de 2010 08:16, Jorge Piera Llodrá
<jpiera en prodevelop.es>escribió:

>  Hi guys!
>
> I agree with Francisco.
>
>  With the first option you are going to have problems the second time that
> you use the extension. In my opinion the third option is the best one, but I
> can understand that the second one is faster to fix.
>
> Regards,
> Jorge
>
> Regards,
> Jorge
>
> El 28/12/2010 19:09, Nacho Uve escribió:
>
> Yes!! You are right!! Thank you, Puga!!
>
> Maybe the best choice is the second one ("pass a different actionCommand
> string").
>
> I'll wait for core-developers opinion before fix my patch.
>
> Regards,
> Nacho Varela
>

> 2010/12/28 Francisco Puga <fpuga en cartolab.es>
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just review the patch and i found a trouble with it. I wrote my
>> comment in the bugtracker but also i paste it here:
>>
>> There is a problem with the provided patch. If you use the filter over
>> a layer (from the FilterExtension itself or from other extension), the
>> attribute datasource of the class is set, so the second time that you
>> try to use it from the FilterExtension it will use the previous
>> datasource and not the new.
>>
>> I think that there are three different approach to handle this:
>> * Set datasource to null after calling the method doExecute()
>> * Pass a different actionCommand string to the execute method if it's
>> used from a external extension
>> * Maybe, refactor to extract the logic from the class extension
>> itself, and instantiated the new class each time is needed.
>>
>> El día 28 de diciembre de 2010 13:19, Nacho Uve <nachouve en gmail.com>
>> escribió:
>> > Although not fully related to the previous mail, I would like  report on
>> the
>> > new ticket[1] that I sent to Tracker about FiltroExtension.
>> >
>> > That's a trivial patch to add a new method setDataSource() on
>> > FiltroExtension. That change do NOT modify the current behaviour of the
>> > tool, but it allows to use it on other contexts (p.e with NavTable[2]).
>> >
>> > Please, take a look to the patch and tell me if it is possible to apply
>> > it... and of course, any idea about "filter decimal bug"?
>> >
>> > Thank you!
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Nacho Varela
>> >
>> > [1]:
>> >
>> https://forge.osor.eu/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=14912&group_id=89&atid=790
>> > [2]:
>> >
>> https://forge.osor.eu/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=14908&group_id=122&atid=462

Juan Ignacio Varela García
Consultor en tecnologías SIG
Analista-Desarrollador FLOSS

Oficina Técnica Sistemas Información Xeográfica
Consellería de Medio Ambiente, Territorio e Infraestructuras
Dirección Xeral Sostibilidade e Paisaxe (Xunta de Galicia)

http://www.cmati.xunta.es
Tfno: 981.54.17.02