[Gvsig_desarrolladores] Google Summer of Code 2011 (Fwd: Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo has been accepted as an organisation for Google Summer of code!)

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz en gvsig.com
Dom Mar 20 17:02:30 CET 2011

Hi all,

I've just confirmed to the OSGeo GSoC administrator about gvSIG
participation on this year Google Summer of Code program.

Those of you willing to participate as mentors should say "hi!" on OSGeo
GSoC mailing list (i.e. [1]) and subscribe to the google melange
application[2] as past years (but you have to wait for that as they are
redesigning the web UI[3]).

Our wiki page for 2011 GSoC ideas[4] is growing with ideas and mentors
so students shoud start discussing about them on gvSIG-Devel mailing
list[5].

I don't know yet how the ideas will be selected but probably an ordering
from our TSC will be needed as we did in 2010.

Best regards
Jorge

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/soc/2011-March/001222.html
[2] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/program/home/google/gsoc2011