[Gvsig_english] gvSIG's v0.5 (unstable) available.

Mario Carrera carrera_marrod at gva.es
Wed Nov 16 10:15:50 CET 2005

The new version of gvSIG (v0.5 unstable) is now available to download. This new
version brings a new easy-to-understand distribution system. In addition, from
now on the unstable versions will be released as well as the stable ones. So,
our users can know in advance how our project is being developed in real time
and they can contribute (if they wish) in an active way through the
distribution lists.

Among the new functionalities, accessing to geospatial and alphanumerical
database via JDBC, inserting North symbols in the layouts and reading GIF and
BMP image file formats are some of the outstanding improvements.

Mario Carrera Rodríguez
Grupo SIG-CAD / gvSIG
Servicio de Organización e Informática
Conselleria d'Infraestructures i Transport
Generalitat Valenciana
Valencia (España)