[Gvsig_english] eclipse

Guillaume Moreau guillaume.moreau at ec-nantes.fr
Mon Apr 3 20:06:08 CEST 2006

Hi mates,

it seems that the document is a bit old and is not enough to build an
OSX version (directories hava changed for example). Guys in Valencia,
thanks for last Friday's presentation in Rennes, I would be happy to
have a couple of precisions about the way gvSig is built:
it is released with a bunch of .so files or .dll files (gdal...) and
some classes that seem to be JNI interfaces. In order to build my OSX
version, how can I proceed? simply find the .dylib files and copy
them into the binaires/osx or do I have to modify any JNI binding ?
another issue: it seems that gvSig uses deprecated APIs (in JDK 1.5
sense), does that mean that I have to add source="1.4" in my ant
build files?
last issue: I use the linux version without the raster JNI support on
my Mac, it is terrifically slow compared to the windows version you
show the other day! any cue?
post-last issue: any documents about 3D visualization that Erwan told
me about? in fact, my research lab is dedicated to 3DGIS (where data
is fully 3D and not only visualization) and we are looking forward to
making gvSIG our base for development.

Regards and thanks for the work you've been making.

Guillaume

Le 3 avr. 06 à 18:51, erwan bocher a écrit :

> Hi guys,
>
> There is a doc in projet-sigle which explain how to install gvsig
> source in eclipse.
> GvSIG/Documentation developpeur
>
> Best regards
>
> R1.
>
> On 4/3/06, Francisco José <fpenarru at iver.es> wrote:
> Hugues Boussard escribió:
> Holla,
>
> I have a problem concerning the integration of gvsig into eclipse.
>
> Inded, I manage to make appear the java projects in the package
> explorer and I launch the diferent "ant builds" ... but when I
> launch the Launcher.java, the application open but I can't do
> anything else "erreur non récupérer par l'utilisateur" and when I
> look into the eclipse console, I realize that the Andami project
> don't know the other one because he don't know the classes into. So
> my build is not good but I don't understand why.
>
> Could you help me ? thanks
>
> Hugues Boussard,
> INRA - SAD Paysage
> ps : thanks for the french presentation in Rennes on Friday, it was
> very interresting !!!

> Hello Hugues.
>
> Did you put the arguments to Launch? I mean:
>
> gvSIG gvSIG/extensiones
>
> If you did, please, send us the file gvsig.log to see where it can
> be the error.
>
> Thanks for being there at presentation, and thanks to use gvSIG!.
>

> --
> Francisco José Peñarrubia
> Equipo gvSIG
>
> IVER T.I. S.A.
> c/Salamanca 50
> 46005 Valencia
> Spain

École Centrale de Nantes / Département Informatique et Mathématiques
Tel : (+33) 240 37 25 98 - Fax : (+33) 240 37 25 78

Laboratoire CERMA CNRS UMR 1563
FR 2488 "Institut de Recherche Sciences et Techniques de la Ville"