[Gvsig_english] #BUG : join with tables from database

Olivier Ertz olivier.ertz at heig-vd.ch
Thu Dec 7 12:26:53 CET 2006

Hi again,
As Hugues noticed, it seems there is a bug in the joining mecanism with
tables opened from database (see
http://runas.cap.gva.es/pipermail/gvsig_internacional/2006-December/000170.html)

I made the same test with postgresql tables, and I notice the same bug.
Hugues, you was lucky to have a result, even if wrong, because your
column names for the join were identical, but if you have different
names eg. t2c1_fk and t2c1, you will get a nice error :
java.lang.RuntimeException:
com.hardcode.gdbms.engine.instruction.SemanticException: No existe el
campo: t2c1_fk

This confirms the underlying problem and should be reported as a bug to
gvSIG develop team.
Soon a bug reporter ...

A+, Olivier.