[Gvsig_english] How to get a DataSource reference from DataSourceFactory

Jose Manuel Vivó (Chema) josemanuel.vivo at iver.es
Mon Dec 11 08:36:01 CET 2006

Hi, Olivier

El Jueves 07 Diciembre 2006 12:27, Olivier Ertz escribió:
> Dear gvSIG hackers,
> How do I get a DataSource reference from the DataSourceFactory after
> having added a new FileDataSource ?
> Here is a code block to explain what I do :
>
> // load another data source
> String dsName = LayerFactory.getDataSourceFactory()
> 		.addFileDataSource("Bna Alphanumeric
> Driver","D:/tmp/VS-dis_Pop18501990.tab");

You can use these two methods:

* Open a new DataSource:

DataSource ds = LayerFactory.getDataSourceFactory()
	.createRandomDataSource(dsName);
ds.start();

* By a Sql instruction:

DataSource ds = LayerFactory.getDataSourceFactory()
	.executeSQL("Select * from " +dsName, DataSourceFactory.MANUAL_OPENING);
ds.start();

> Is there a method that can return a reference to the DataSource I've
> just added (I've only a name, so ...) ?
> Thanx for your help.
>
> Olivier.

Best regards