[Gvsig_english] transparent raster

Victoria Agazzi agazzi_vic at gva.es
Tue Dec 12 08:41:53 CET 2006

Hi Michele!
Let see if I understand what you need...
Once you have your image in the view you can access  (by right click on the
raster) to raster properties and there to the Transparency flap. You have to
activate the Transparency you want to use: the one by pixel or the one that
transparent all the image at once(Opacity).
If you need to make transparent only the pixels in white colour (for
instance), you hace to put (In Transparent by pixel) R=255, G=255 and B=255
and apply it.

I hope you this helps you. Bye.

El Lunes 11 Diciembre 2006 22:49, Michele Zucali escribió:
> dear gvSIGers,
>
> 	I'd like to use some black/white geoTIFF above .shp poligonal
> layers, which are filled by various colors.
> In order to see the underling layers I need to have a transparent
> raster.
>
> How to make the raster transparent (i.e. make the white transarent) ?
> I did try using the transparent property to geotiff but it does not
> work or, better, I'm not able to make it working.
>
> ciao
> Michele

Victoria Agazzi
Proyecto gvSIG - Grupo SIG-CAD
Consellería de Infraestructuras y Transporte
Comunidad Valenciana- España