[Gvsig_english] Setting projections with Ubuntu

Dan Putler putler at sauder.ubc.ca
Mon Dec 18 18:28:24 CET 2006

Hi Luis,

The screen resolution doesn't appear to be the problem. The
resolution used was 1280x1024 on a 19 inch LCD monitor (the same
monitor and resolution I use with my iBook). The DPI is set to 96 on
this machine. The monitor is a Benq FB931. The machine is an HP
desktop, with an onboard Nvidia GForce chip. The machine itself has a
Pentium D 820 cpu. The machine is running Ubuntu 6.06 LTS (Dapper
Drake) using the up to date 2.6 smp, 32 bit Linux kernel. Since I
wrote the note, I've loaded gvSIG on two other machines. An IBM
Thinkpad R40 running Ubuntu 6.10 (Edgy Eft). It has an ATI mobile
graphics chip, a 1.5GHz Centrino chip set, and a 15.4 inch screen
running at a resolution of 1400x1050. The third machine is an old
Toshiba Sattelite 1805-5275 running Xubuntu 6.10. It has a 14.1 inch
display with a resolution of 1024x766.

All three machines exhibit the same problems with the stable 1.0
release. It seems to be a weird interplay between Ubuntu and gvSIG,
which I've only seen in the projection selection dialog.

Hopefully this was the information you were looking for.

Dan