[Gvsig_english] JumpBrigde Buffer processing

erwan bocher erwan.bocher at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 11:10:28 CET 2006

Hola,

Touché! :-)

> I have 7-zip installed in my computer, but may be it's and old version. I
> couldn't open it.
>
> Anyway, now I've read your code.
>
> I think you can try 2 things to speed up your driver.
>
> 1.- Don't convert JTS Geometry. Wrap it ... like Geootols does. In fact,
> you can use FLiteShape:
>       public IGeometry getShape(int index) throws IOException {
>                Feature feat = featDataSet.getFeature(index);
>                FLiteShape shpLite = new FLiteShape(feat.getGeometry());
>                IGeometry gAux = ShapeFactory.createGeometry(shpLite);
>
>                return gAux; //FConverter.jts_to_igeometry(feat.getGeometry
> ());
>        }

The processing is now very fast.

2.- Use the same renderer as shape files. (Faster). The only thing you
> need is to implement the interfaz BoundedShapes
> (com.iver.cit.gvsig.fmap.drivers.BoundedShapes).
> And to avoid recalculating each time the extent of every shape, you can
> store the shape bounds into an ArrayList or something like that.

ho la la la la !!!!!

Ok.  The aim is to optimize spatial partitioning. No ? I don't understand
when I must use BoundedShapes.
Could you explain me?

Muchas gracias.

R1.

I didn't tryed it, but with this two modifications, it should go faster.