[Gvsig_english] Setting projections

Sergio Clark López clark_ser at gva.es
Wed Sep 27 12:33:17 CEST 2006

Patti dott. Giuseppe - GEOLOGO escribió:
> Despite on the lack of some projection (french people I'm your
> companion with the italian Gauss-Boaga projection) at present I cannot
> even set any projection with RC1 because there's no way for me to open
> the projection settings window, while this is possible in version 0.6.
> I think it would not be difficult to add the desired projections if
> you know some java and dig into the source code with eclipse...maybe
> some "driving directions" could help.

I don't know if I've understand you... Are you working with Windows,
Linux...?
Normally, you should open the projection settings window the same way as
in version 0.6. That's in "Projet managers/Views/View Properties". Next
to "Current projection" there's a button where you can change Reference
system and Projection. Also you can do that inside of the View, using
menu View/Properties/.
I've tested this in version RC_1 and it works for me.

If you can't do this, please explain us your problem with more details.
And... for adding more projections we are working on that.

Grazie, ciao!

Sergio

--
Sergio Clark.