[Gvsig_english] Problem with map creation

jaume dominguez faus jaume.dominguez at iver.es
Fri Apr 13 09:06:50 CEST 2007

Hi Simone.
En/na Simone Casciaroli ha escrit:

> Hi Cesar,
> thank you very much for your quick reply,  but I don't think that svg
> is the right way for my need, because actually isn't so widespread
> used, and more often our costumer use MS Office and not Open Office.
> Waiting for a larger adoption of svg have you planned the support for
> copy&past MSOffice element or an improvement of map creation
> functionality?

The general roadmap of gvSIG is to integrate open tecnologies. As far as
MS Office is not open you should not expect to be able to paste graphics
from that suite. Even more if it is not geodata but just a graphic
composition. This does not mean that we reject an outer contribution to
the project that would enable you to do so. Of course! But, using SVN is
a good idea in my opinion. The more we use it the more widespread
standard it will become.

> (I think that a redesign of navigation and editing functionality
> would be important for usability of map creation; if you want I have a
> lot of idea about this topic)

Sure! We want to know your ideas!

--
Jaume Dominguez Faus