[Gvsig_english] gvSIG with R

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 10:29:07 CEST 2007

Ok Cesar.
I think the the very first trhing that I would try to do is to share
the "environment" between gvSIG and R. Do you know spgrass6? The R
module to load into the Grass environment variables (as projection,
bounding box of the actual geometries), and the data...
The environment settings are called through Grass shell commands
launched by R scripting.
Well, the data loading is a bit "rude": the vectors are exported
through Grass shell commands called from R scripting, and then
imported through the GDAL/OGR modules for R. The rasters are directly
loaded by R, because Grass rasters are supported by GDAL.
This is why, some days ago I asked about gvSIG command line functionalities...

I think a first step could be done in this direction.

I don't know how much difficult would it be creating a "shell window"
loadable directly from gvSIG menu, so we would have an R scripting
environment somehow integrated in the gvSIG GUI...

What do you think about all of this?

Giovanni