[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.1: new annotation layer properties

jaume domínguez faus jaume.dominguez at iver.es
Thu Aug 2 13:04:01 CEST 2007

Hi Wolfgang

Wolfgang Qual wrote:
> Hi list,
> I discoverd the new export layer as annotation layer-tool. The non-overlapping
> option is cool, but one thing I miss is: labels along lines seem not to be
> possible, although the "normal" labeling function within the layer properties
> dialog allows me to create labels which follow the direction of the
> underlying line theme. Will this be implemented in the next future? I'll keep
> on testing... ;)

that is for the approach of the annotation layer's concept. It is fully
based in the attributes of the table, you need then to have a column for
the rotation of your text for each feature (and other properties like
the font, color, font style (bold, plain, ...) and size as well).

Automatic smart labeling is another concept in which we are working in
and it is probably what you are asking for. It will include the avoid
overlap and many other features. Some of them are yet already
implemented. But it still a lot of work to do.

Following with this topic, I'd like to encourage all the people
interested in implement smart labeling processes to establish contact to
talk about how, if possible, can contribute and meet forces to solve
these problems. All opinions or ideas are very welcome and I will be
glad to keep in mind them in the coming development as well as share my
ones.

Thanks in advance to everyone.

Salut!

--