[Gvsig_english] A short question about prj-files and gvSIG

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Fri Aug 3 15:44:26 CEST 2007

jaume domínguez faus ha scritto:
> Antonio Falciano wrote:
>>
>> Furthermore, when I explore the properties of a layer in the TOC, I'd
>> like to see in which CRS that layer is projected indipendently from the
>> project containing those geographic data. This problem can't be
>> absolutely underestimated in a good GIS/SDI client.

As Wolfgang implicitly said, prj file is the standard commonly accepted by
the most part of GIS sw when we treat data as shapefile... gvSIG would
grant interoperabily in this manner. The work would consist of the study
of .prj WKT format and the upgrade of some libraries such as jCRS and
tools like Export to...

> That's true. Good point! I'll take not of it.
> Thanks a lot!

Don't mention it! Thanks to you.