[Gvsig_english] Some troubles with WMS layers

Luca Casagrande luca.casagrande at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 14:31:31 CET 2007

Hello to everybody!

Talking with Andrea ( aka kappu from Ominiverdi) we discovered that:

http://labs.metacarta.com/wms/vmap0?

has got as wms_onlineresource:**

http://labs.metacarta.com/wms?

and this one bring up the error posted by Jaume.

I'll check it out the WMS specification to understand which is the problem.

Bye

Luca

jaume domínguez faus ha scritto:
> Well, I'm not sure about what I'm going to say now because I've just
> downloaded QGis for first time and tried it. Well, my impression is
> not that gvSIG's WMS requires more -mandatory- parameters to work when
> other products doesn't, but gvSIG can handle a special WMS servers
> that QGis can't (and maybe nor OpenLayers)
>
> These servers are those that cannot render the map image into the
> view's extent, projection, etc... They just send the image and the
> application is in charge of re-sample and place it in the right
> location to have sense in the map composition.
>
> An example of such servers is the NASA's
> http://aes.gsfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/wms
>
> Whatever extent or srs you ask the server, what the server gives you
> is the same png (or jpeg,...) image. I've tried this server in QGis
> and it does not work (I'll try it in OpenLayers when I get some time
> to spend learing its config). Anyway, maybe the reason is that the
> capabilities document is wrongly saying that this server's layers are
> fixed-sized and QGis and OpenLayers just omit this property and think
> that all servers are regular servers. So the misconfiguration is kind
> of "by-passed".
>
> Or maybe, of course, it is just a bug in gvSIG.
>
> I'll take note of your server, and investigate the exact reason as
> soon as possible.
>
> Regards.
>

> Antonio Falciano wrote:
>> jaume domínguez faus ha scritto:
>>> Hello Luca
>>>
>>> You sure? This is the server error output
>>>
>>> <HTML>
>>>    <HEAD>
>>>        <TITLE>MapServer Message</TITLE>
>>>    </HEAD>
>>>    <!-- MapServer version 4.10.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG
>>> OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ               SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
>>> SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER