[Gvsig_english] mobile gv_sig

Miguel Montesinos mmontesinos at prodevelop.es
Fri Dec 14 19:37:17 CET 2007

Sorry,

a bad key combination sent last message before it was finished.

As I was saying, phoneME Advanced is currently targetting to ARM, MIPS and Linux-based devices, but they are supporting more platforms (Nokia N770, Zaurus, ...).

We have plans to make gvSIG Mobile run on top of phoneMe Advanced, so all that range of devices will be gvSIG Mobile target platforms.

Regarding iPhone, Apple guys haven't included a JVM, so Java applications are not available for this device, which I think is a strategic BIG mistake :-( . Maybe a JVM will be released in the future.

We'll keep you informed of the evolution of support for new platforms,

Cheers

Miguel Montesinos

Director Técnico

PRODEVELOP

C/ Conde Salvatierra, 34 - 10

46004 Valencia. Spain

e-mail: mmontesinos [at] prodevelop [dot] es

http://www.prodevelop.es <https://www.prodevelop.es/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.prodevelop.es>

Tlf: +34 963510612