[Gvsig_english] problems with spatial selection

Sergio Clark sergio.clark at iver.es
Mon Dec 17 16:50:28 CET 2007

With both layers loaded in the ToC, follow these steps:

1. Put Active your Polygon layer. Open its atribute table and select all
the elements inside (Shift button could help you). Close the table. You
should see all the polygons selected in the view.
2. Select (put active) in the ToC your Points layer.
3. Open tool "Select by layer" (in View menu). Here, choose elements
from your Active layer (points) which *"are contained in"* SELECTED
elements of the layer: *"your polygon layer"* (if you've not selected
previously any polygonal element (step 1), no point will be selected at
the end).
4. Press New set. After a few moments (depending your layers weight) you
should see in the View the points you are looking for, with a different
color.

Please, tell us if it works,

Regards!

Sergio.