[Gvsig_english] Raster pilot and CRS (Cordinate Reference System) extensions are now available in gvSIG

Mario Carrera carrera_marrod at gva.es
Wed Feb 28 11:59:35 CET 2007

In the past, we always said that gvSIG has the purpose of cover every
needs regarding the use of the geographic information by the integration
of free technologies.
Following this roadmap, we can see gvSIG as a platform for the
full-manage of the geographic information. Thus, every user can install
the set of tools desired.
One of the working areas is related with the raster GIS and
teledetection. It is inspired by this way-to-do and approaches the
vector GIS to the raster GIS.
Now, we release the pilot of the company which won the public tender to
develope the raster extension of gvSIG that allows to open new image
file formats, apply color palettes to a DTM, the generation of
histograms, to cut raster layers and define some new rendering filters.
We'd like also report the next release of the new module for the manage
of CRSs (Coordinate Reference Systems), that features the possibility of
CRS's databases (complete EPSG, IAU2000, and others), transformations of
3 and 7 parameters and transformations based upon a grid, and in general
to get a maximum precision in CRS reprojections

Both extensions can be found in the
http://www.gvsig.gva.es/index.php?id=1566&L=0. They are designed as
regular extensions that can be plugged in to any of the gvSIG 1.0 stable
versions (gvSIG 1.0.x)

Regards

Mario Carrera Rodríguez
Grupo SIG-CAD / gvSIG
Servicio de Organización e Informática
Conselleria d'Infraestructures i Transport
Generalitat Valenciana
Valencia (España)