[Gvsig_english] again about batch processing

alvaro zabala alvaro.zabala at juntadeandalucia.es
Tue Jul 3 11:56:32 CEST 2007

In
http://www.gvsig.gva.es/fileadmin/conselleria/images/Documentacion/descargas/manuales/gvsig-1_0-scripting-tutorial-v2-en.zip
you have a tutorial of gvSIG scripting capabilities.

Its not a command-line shell, but you can create scripts and exchange
them without recompiling ...
I think the scripting library used allows to use a command line shell
(but Im not sure). If not, I think project-sigle people have done an
extension for that (but Im not sure).

|I know Java is not the best solution to do it, beacuse of the long
virtual machine start-up times, but I would like to give it a try...

I dont agree. Java is used in a lot of servers environments with
requeriments of high responsiveness.

Best Regards