[Gvsig_english] Export selection of an oracle spatial layer

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Thu Jul 5 14:53:42 CEST 2007

Hi list,
I successfully conntected to an oracle spatial layer - no problem, quite fast:
nice! Now, I would like to export a selection of that layer into a local
shapefile (Layer-->Export to-->SHP).
It is possible to specify the name and location of the desired shapefile, the
export seems to start, but the export takes ages, even if only one polygon is
selected. Therefore, I cancelled the export after quite some time.
A colleague told me that she was doing the same - export was finalized, but
the result was an empty shapefile. Any ideas, what went wrong? Is it a bug?

Best,
Wolfgang