[Gvsig_english] Find duplicates

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Mon Jul 16 18:36:43 CEST 2007

Hi Wolfgang,
the answer to your question is naturally yes.
The idea would be to perform two select statement on the table:
- a first, simply to make a record count;
- the second, a 'select distinct', to know the number of unique value
assumed by the field of your interest.
Then, make the difference between the two values previously calculated
and so if this is zero the table is ok, else we have to check the table
...and so on.
It would be great if it's possible to create something like
http://arcscripts.esri.com/scripts.asp i.e. a repository where
developers and users can upload/download their scripts so improving
gvSIG functionalities and solving most common users' problems.

Best regards,
Antonio