[Gvsig_english] gvSIG with R

Cesar Martinez Izquierdo cesar.martinez at iver.es
Tue Jul 31 09:34:05 CEST 2007

G. Allegri escribió:
> Hello.
> Today I was wondering about the use of gvSIG with R (statistics
> software). In particular I was considering the R-Java (JRI and rJava)
> interfaces as suitable solutions.
> Surfing on the web I found this thread by Cesar Martinez:
> https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-geo/2007-June/002260.html
> Is it just in the wishes list or in a development stage? Could you
> forecast a first release of gvSIG/R interface?
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Giovanni

Hi, Giovanni.
These are just some internal tests, and we are not currently spending
resources on this integration, so we don't have any code to release, and
don't expect changes in the near future.

If you make some effort in this direction, we will be pleased to assist
you and see your results.

César Martínez Izquierdo
Equipo de desarrollo gvSIG
http://www.gvsig.gva.es