[Gvsig_english] gvSIG eclipse plugin

michael gould gould at lsi.uji.es
Wed Jun 20 11:39:11 CEST 2007

Yes, as others have already stated, making money is not the problem. This is
a good thing! If developers do not make money then the whole free software
movement will have been a failure.

The major difference is between:

1) locking the code and making money on selling "keys" to unlock it
2) opening the code and making money on other activities, such as
customization (selling programming instead of keys)

If we think of the growth of a free software project as a network (like
streets), then locking a part of the code is like creating a dead-end
(callejón sin salida)...which seriously limits the connectivity, growth and
value of the network.

Cheers,

-------
Michael Gould
Centro de Visualización Interactiva  www.cevi.uji.es
Dept. Information Systems (LSI), Universitat Jaume I, 12071 Castellón, Spain
email: gould (at) lsi.uji.es  //  email2: mgould (at) opengeospatial.org
research group  www.geoinfo.uji.es  //  personal  www.mgould.com
AGILE www.agile-online.org
Vespucci Summer Institute www.vespucci.org
Erasmus Mundus: Master in Geospatial Technologies www.mastergeotech.info