[Gvsig_english] Bugs with raster and maps management - Postgis and misc suggestions

Enrico Gallo e.gallo.to at tiscali.it
Wed Jun 27 22:22:51 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I am using gvSIG (with many satisfation) in order to bypass Arcview use

with 1.0.2 version I found problems with raster transparency...
I set  255,255,255 transparency on a 1bit raster map, but Opacity check box
doesn't store true value, so I cannot see raster over vector theme ( I did
it with 1.0.1 and it works!!!)

when trying to setup some maps I found problems:

when a legend or a scale is grouped with some other element, moving group
you loose link to view
when resizing a legend, you can loose link to view
free page dimension setup doesn't work (measures in mm are set in cm, ratio
is always 1:1.41 as ISO standard so you cannot set a square page)
measure menu shows spanish names (metros, kilometros, etc)

I am very interested in Postgis layer visualization, but I cannot see
database view from tables with geographic field, I see all tables, not only
ones from geometry_columns table and there is no automatic selection of
geografic field (quering geometry_columns table again) and unique field

some other suggestion for future developements (in order of my preference
;-) :

setting min-max scale for raster visualization
grouping layers in view
rotating point symbols (angle from an attribute field or fixed value)
legend editor (font size, symbols resizing or not)
small map in left bottom corner of view
add "insert attribute table" tool in map management
add "edit" button in attribute table toolbar

many thanks

enrico gallo

turin, Italy
environmental engineer