[Gvsig_english] Label placement

Manuel Madrid madrid_man at gva.es
Tue Mar 6 17:21:46 CET 2007

Hi Wolfgang.

We are now improving the gvSIG labeling tools.
The "avoid overlaping labels" function is one of the most important.
You'll see the improvements in next releases.

Regards,
  Manuel.

Wolfgang Qual escribió:
> Hi list,
> another thing that came to me: placing labels along line themes is possible,
> which is already very good. One additional feature that would be
> interesting/cool/necessary would be an option / function like "avoid
> overlapping labels". The UMN Mapserver is capable of this - maybe sometimes
> also gvSIG?
>
> Best,
> Wolfgang

Manuel Madrid.
Proyecto gvSIG (http://www.gvsig.gva.es)
Conselleria d'Infraestructures i Transport.
Generalitat Valenciana.
Valencia (Spain).